The period of pregnancy is 40 weeks (9 calendar months plus 10 days), and is divided into 3 trimesters
The period of pregnancy is 40 weeks (9 calendar months plus 10 days), and is divided into 3 trimesters:
- First Trimester, which is from the start of the pregnancy up to 12 weeks
- Second Trimester, which is from 12 to 28 weeks
- Third Trimester, which is from 28 weeks until the delivery of the baby
During the first Trimester, you may experience unpleasant symptoms such as morning sickness, cravings and mood swings. These are normal, but if you are concerned you should consult your gynaecologist.
What is antenatal care?
We offer a wide range of antenatal care services, including:
- Ultrasound scans
- Advice on morning sickness
- Nutrition advice and vitamin infusions
- How to maintain a good pelvic floor
- Examinations and testing to ensure good development and identify complications that may arise